The moment we have been waiting for has finally arrived, however,
before you take your Netbook home there are some things you need to know.
Please watch the following BrainPop presentations on Internet safety.
Please take all of the quizzes (send your answers in an email to me
at firstname.lastname@example.org labeled “Online Safety Your Name”).
You will not be allowed to take your Netbook home until you have
answered all of the quiz questions correctly.
Participate in our online class discussion:
1. What are the teacher/student responsibilities?
2. How should the Netbooks be used?
3. How can abuse be minimized or prevented?
Please add your response to our post-it wall.
Please use correct spelling and grammar. Do not write your full name (initials only).
Personalizing your Windows Live Page:
Click on the arrow next to your name in the upper right corner of your profile to
choose a new theme for your account (remember to always have your privacy settings set to “private”).
Mrs. Butler’s Top Ten Netbook Rules:
1. Never put personal information such as your full name, location,
or birthdate on any social network sites including Windows Live.
2. Never put photos of yourself on Windows Live
without written permission from your parents.
3. Never put photos of your friends online.
4. Never use your friends’ full names online.
5. Never give out your password.
6. Never use inappropriate language online.
7. Your Windows Live account is to be used only for school work.
You should use correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Wrong: “u r gr8!” Right: “You’re great!”
8. Never bully anybody online.
9. Always use proper online etiquette.
10. Check Mrs. Butler’s Space to find out about homework and class assignments.